Monday 2 May 2011

Linked In



"Nothing looks good on a bitch. That kind of sums up the whole night tonight," Mary Alice Stephenson told Style.com as she arrived at Cipriani Wall Street for the fifth annual DKMS Gala, Linked Against Leukemia. "With someone like Rihanna, who is here, what makes her magnificent is the fact that her heart is as big and beautiful as everything she puts on."

Stephenson paused in her praise of the pop princess, who was being honored by DKMS for her work fighting leukemia, to applaud Iman's pink Jason Wu gown and turquoise Irene Neuwirth earrings. "Irene just brought them to my apartment this afternoon," Iman confided. As gala garb talk between the two continued, the conversation drifted to one of the city's biggest parties of the year, next week's Met ball. "I'm going with Stella McCartney and we have such a fun table—Gwyneth Paltrow, Eva Mendes, Kate Winslet," Mrs. David Bowie reported. "We are full of people and I haven't seen Gwyneth in like a year!"

Anja Rubik (also in Jason Wu) talked about another New York thing to do: make out in, or rather on, a taxi. Last week Rubik and her model fiancé, Sasha Knezevic, hopped on top of a cab as part of the promotional campaign for the new scent DKNY Original. "I mean, it's kind of unusual to kiss on the top of a cab in Times Square, but it was incredible," Rubik said. "Not all New Yorkers do that?"

As others who've lent their famous faces to a perfume or launched their own fragrance, including Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, Vera Wang, and Leighton Meester, wafted into the Coty Inc. event, Cyndi Lauper felt a little left out. "I didn't wear a perfume tonight because I don't have my own," she said. L'eau de Cyndi is on its way, however. "I've been thinking about it for years and I even know what it'll be called, but I can't tell you."

No comments:

Post a Comment